Thursday 10 September 2009

At the Gateway to City of Knowledge


Sometimes, I wonder
Why faithless people like us
Feel a connection towards the name of Haider.

Only The Wise knows, what wisdom lies with him.
The Brave knows only, the secret to the conquest of Badr and Khaiber.
The Learned knows only what drowning ships he saved.

I, am aware of one thing alone.

He was fragrant with the essence of my Lord
He was raised and trained, under him.
And his days and nights were spent waiting for a signal from our Lord's eyes, a word from his lips

If he slept amongst the crowd of enemies, it was but for him, our Lord.
If he bathed in his own blood, fighting, it was but for him, our Lord.

Thus, him, I love
Thus, him, I pursue..
The depths of all love and emotions, are to his name.

A poem in Urdu by Iftikhar Arif
Translated/Compiled by Guest Writer: Shane Hussain Naqvi

3 comments:

Zahra Ali and Yasir Husain said...

Thanks for your contribution Hussain. You are talented in many ways and skilled translator.. please share more of your work soon!

Shan-e-Hussain Naqvi said...

thank you zahra. it was a pleasure working on this. ill surely come up with more work. hopefully, it wont be just translations. but translations would surely be one of them.

Unknown said...

Good to read your blog. You are an ardent lover of Ahl-ul-bait and May Allah bless you for this. I request to visit my blog www.nadeemjafri.blogspot.com. I have tried writing few articles on the greatness of Ahl-ul-bait in the light of Quranic verses. Regards. Nadeem